Resident Evil 2 (Xbox One)
|Prijzen zijn inclusief btw.|
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic - Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective - New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals - Built on Capcom's proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes - Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay - Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light - Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes - Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters' perspective
Vaak samen gekocht
Heb je een vraag?
Zoek naar een antwoord in productgegevens, veelgestelde vragen en recensies
Je vraag kan worden beantwoord door verkopers, fabrikanten of klanten die dit product hebben gekocht.
Controleer of u een geldige vraag hebt ingevoerd. U kunt uw vraag of bericht nog steeds bewerken.
Voer een vraag in.
ProductgegevensPlatform:Xbox One | Editie:Standard
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Nee
- Productafmetingen : 13.4 x 17.1 x 1.5 cm; 109 gram
- Publicatiedatum : 25 januari 2019
- ASIN : B07K2RFX9Y
- Modelnummer item : 5055060987223
- Land van herkomst : Oostenrijk
The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom's proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation4, Xbox One and PC.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters' perspectives. The fate of these two fan favourite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?.
Beste recensies uit andere landen
The game is fantastic. It mixes puzzle solving with truly creepy zombie horror and some terrifying surprises and beats even 4 for in terms of how good it is. It has jumped to the top of my favourite resi games list.
I’m play on the Xbox one x in 4K hdr and it looks stunning and runs smoothly. Being able to see and play these games with such visual fidelity makes me feel so lucky, as someone who’d first played on a binatone in the 70’s.
Overall this is both a classic and now modern masterpiece. An essential game for fans of horror gaming.. or just good games.
RE2 takes on a familiar gameplay mechanic in ditching the old tank controls and replacing them with a third person view which is probably one of the biggest changes to those who are returning to it. This time around it is not mansion based and you'll find yourself in Raccoon City and can play as either Leon Kennedy or Claire Redfield who I opted for in my first playthrough. Claire resembles Moira Burton in her expletive laden dialogue from RE Revelations 2 and will make comments in combat and some are really quite stupid such as 'what is up with you', and seeing as it's a zombie I think quite a lot is wrong. The enemies are a little more diverse than you will see in Resident Evil with tickers, which are fought best with a sneaking strategy, and some other notable adversaries which you will cross paths with in specific areas. The enemies are more notable but thankfully much of the arbitrary frustration from locked doors (which is fitting with the genre), has been rolled back significantly. This may have been more prevalent in the '98 version but here the focus is more on the action. That's no bad thing and there is still plenty horror here in a much more visceral form thanks to the improved graphical fidelity.
Resident Evil 2 has much replay value to challenge you to return whether through the other story or to beat times and collect weapons etc. Most of the experience plays well barring one particular stealth section which drags on and can be quite clumsy. Inventory management has been streamlined and while you may initially struggle - upgrades to your storage can be found throughout the game. There's also an option to play in 'hardcore mode' or RE2's harder difficulty which restricts saving to ink ribbons just like old times. I liked most of the weapons but I'm sure there are more for me to unearth on future playthroughs.
Capcom's pedigree for survival horror has only really been matched or surpassed by Konami (but not in recent times). You could argue that this is less horror and more combat focused as were the later titles such as 4, 5 and 6 but not quite to the same degree.
---Summary--- (Scored out of 10)
Graphics - 10 - Capcom has nailed it here and everything from character models to environments look outstanding.
Sound -8- The voice acting isn't too hammy which I didn't really expect with it being a complete overhaul. It's fine overall but the soundtrack is not really anything special.
Gameplay -7- Most players will probably prefer ditching the claustrophobic gameplay of the original but that is at the expense of tension.
Lifespan -8- It's worth more than a second run through but it really depends on how much you enjoyed it the first time around.
I liked Resident Evil 2, although it still doesn't come close to my own RE favourite in Resident Evil 4. I preferred the original or I think it's got a better setting and that's also just strictly a remaster. I cannot say whether the remake has lost something in transition but Capcom have delivered a highly detailed product which shows much care and craft for the original source material. I would recommend RE2 but just don't expect anything mind blowing in what is a very solid package.
Once you complete the story with both characters you unlock another play mode.
Look out for the FREE DLC coming soon for this game, adding extra story missions.
Make sure you set your brightness and darkness settings in the options to get the best look and experience of the game.
Not going to tell you about the game because I don't want to spoil your experience but take it from me as a long time player of the Resident Evil franchise this remake is top notch, you won't be disappointed. Happy nightmares... Lol.