Gebruik de camera van je mobiele telefoon om de onderstaande code te scannen en de Kindle-app te downloaden.
Escaping the Build Trap: How Effective Product Management Creates Real Value Paperback – 29 november 2018
Je aankoop verbeteren
To stay competitive in today's market, organizations need to adopt a culture of customer-centric practices that focus on outcomes rather than outputs. Companies that live and die by outputs often fall into the build trap, cranking out features to meet their schedule rather than the customer's needs.
In this book, Melissa Perri explains how laying the foundation for great product management can help companies solve real customer problems while achieving business goals. By understanding how to communicate and collaborate within a company structure, you can create a product culture that benefits both the business and the customer. You'll learn product management principles that can be applied to any organization, big or small.
In five parts, this book explores:
- Why organizations ship features rather than cultivate the value those features represent
- How to set up a product organization that scales
- How product strategy connects a company's vision and economic outcomes back to the product activities
- How to identify and pursue the right opportunities for producing value through an iterative product framework
- How to build a culture focused on successful outcomes over outputs
Over de auteur
Melissa Perri believes the key to creating great products is growing great product leaders. As the CEO and founder of Produx Labs, she helps companies effectively scale their product organizations. Melissa also founded the online school Product Institute and started a program to train the next generation of Chief Product Officers. She is an internationally recognized, sought-after keynote speaker. Melissa graduated from Cornell University with a B.S. in Operations Research and Information Engineering.
- Uitgever : O'Reilly UK Ltd.; 1st ed editie (29 november 2018)
- Taal : Engels
- Paperback : 180 pagina's
- ISBN-10 : 149197379X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1491973790
- Afmetingen : 15.75 x 1.02 x 22.61 cm
- Plaats in bestsellerlijst: #8,837 in Boeken (Top 100 in bekijkenBoeken)
Beste recensie uit Nederland
Er is een probleem opgetreden tijdens het filteren van de recensies. Probeer het later opnieuw.
It has everything a good practical book should have:
- great exemplar story to illustrate the points in the book
- the writing is exactly on the point and very focused - no unnecessary text
- the book is logically structured, and shows product management in the bigger context of the organization
- it covers topics of the PM role, career development, how organization should be structured and led to enable PMs to deliver results
What I found very insightful is how company's business goals drive the Product goals, and how lack of company strategy and alignment leads to focusing on vanity metrics for products. The author gives great advice how to turn the organizations from counting the number of features released to delivering real customer value.
I would recommend this book to really anyone working in the Product field.
Beste recensies uit andere landen
Written with clarity and plenty of illustrative examples borne out of long, hard-won experience, it explains both the 'How should we work?' and 'Why is that important?' in language that doesn't require a doctorate in Agile to understand.
I suspect that many copies of this will be 'conveniently' left on the desks of exec stakeholders. Some of them by me.
It's short enough to read in a few hours, but can introduce you to many concepts and practical practices worth further reading.
Covers the benefits of product led organisations, and how to create alignment around mission, vision, goals, strategy, as well as how to iterate & experiment towards success at all levels. In contrast to top-down edicts, elaborate plans, locked down budgets & immutable roadmaps.
Worth a read for anyone from those considering a move into product management, to software engineers who want to deliver value, to executives who want to be successful.
Even if the content and concepts aren't new to you, it's likely to be an inspiring reminder of what good looks like.