Andere verkopers op Amazon
The Doris Day Collection: Volume 1
Meer informatie over de leeftijdclassificaties vind je hier
Collection of films starring Doris Day. In 'Please Don't Eat the Daisies' (1960) Day stars as housewife Kate McKay, who moves out of New York to the suburbs with her husband Larry (David Niven) and their four sons. However, when Kate finds out Larry has been keeping up a partying lifestyle in the city and has been seen out with Broadway star Deborah Vaughan (Janis Paige), she begins to suspect he is up to no good. In the lighthearted musical 'Calamity Jane' (1953), Day stars as the famous female sharpshooter who would rather hit targets than chase men - until she falls for 'Wild Bill' Hickok (Howard Keel), who would rather shoot Indians than chase after a tomboy like Calamity Jane. The film features the Oscar-winning song 'Secret Love'. In 'The Glass Bottom Boat' (1966) Bruce Templeton (Rod Taylor) is the boss of a research lab who hires the object of his affections, Jennifer Nelson (Day), to be his biographer in an effort to get close to her. Things don't work out as Bruce plans when his friend General Wallace Bleeker (Edward Andrews) tells him that he suspects Jennifer of being a Russian spy. In 'Young Man With a Horn' (1950) Kirk Douglas stars as trumpet player Rick Martin. Rick takes his music very seriously and becomes a star but soon he finds himself in trouble as a result of his passion for jazz, his fiery temper and getting mixed up with singer Jo Jordan (Day) and her friend Amy North (Lauren Bacall). 'Love Me Or Leave Me' (1955) tells the story of singer Ruth Etting (Day) who rose to fame as a movie star in the 1920s. Unfortunately her success was not just down to her talent as she was involved with notorious mobster Marty Sydney (James Cagney) who helped make her famous but made her life miserable. In 'Billy Rose's Jumbo' (1962) Day stars as Kitty Wonder, a girl who runs a circus with her father, Pop (Jimmy Durante). Their business is in dire trouble due to Pop's gambling and they soon begin to lose most of their acts to a rival circus run by John Noble (Dean Jagger). Kitty and Pop still have their star attraction, Jumbo the elephant, and a new wire walker named Sam Rawlins (Stephen Boyd) who Kitty takes a shine to. Sam, however, is not who he appears to be...
- Breedte/hoogteverhouding : 1.78:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Nee
- Taal : Engels
- Productafmetingen : 3 x 19 x 14 cm; 260 gram
- Fabrikantreferentie : 5051892009515
- Regisseur : David Butler, Michael Curtiz, Charles Walters, Charles Vidor, Frank Tashlin
- Uitvoeringstijd : 10 uur en 53 minuten
- Acteurs : Allyn Ann McLerie, Philip Carey, Gale Robbins, Paul Harvey, Chubby Johnson
- Ondertitels: : Engels, Frans, Nederlands, Italiaans, Arabisch
- Taal : Engels (Dolby Digital 1.0)
- Studio : Warner Bros. Home Ent.
- Producenten : William Jacobs, Martin Melcher, Joe Pasternak, Everett Freeman
- ASIN : B002L7O7VS
- Land van herkomst : Verenigd Koninkrijk
- Schrijvers : James O'Hanlon, Sidney Sheldon, Daniel Fuchs, Isobel Lennart, Everett Freeman
- Aantal disks : 6
- Plaats in bestsellerlijst: #4,443 in Films & tv (Top 100 in bekijkenFilms & tv)
- #4,211 in Films (Films & tv)
Beste recensie uit Nederland
Er is een probleem opgetreden tijdens het filteren van de recensies. Probeer het later opnieuw.
Beste recensies uit andere landen
I have watched three of the six movies in the collection and the presentation is first class. As well as the above film the collection contains Billy Rose's Jumbo,The Glass Bottom Boat, Please Don't Eat The Daisies,Young Man With A Horn and Calamity Jane.
EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY